Thinking About Laser Vision Correction?
The Time is Right for the iLASIK Procedure
The introduction of the iLASIK Procedure (the combination of today’s most innovative laser vision correction technologies) means the wait is over and it’s simple:
- Most people are candidates — make an appointment and have an exam
- iLASIK Technology is safe and effective
- The iLASIK Procedure is fast and simple
You're Probably a Candidate
If you meet the basic criteria below, you should find an iLASIK surgeon and have a personal consultation.
- You are at least 21 years old
- You are in good general health
- You have had a stable vision prescription for at least one year
- You have no existing eye disease
What are the Advantages of the iLASIK Procedure?
- The iLASIK Procedure is the result of over a decade’s worth of technical refinement — it combines all of the latest all-laser LASIK technology in one efficient LASIK procedure. It simply doesn’t get any better, so now’s the time.
There’s No Mystery
- You’ve heard thousands of LASIK ads touting thousands of different things, but the iLASIK Procedure delivers outstanding results, one integrated technology solution and one easy way to better vision.
It’s Truly Personalized
- The iLASIK Procedure is truly customized just for you. Everything is based on your individual vision dynamics, so it’s all about you.
Exceptional Vision Correction Technology at Every Step
Step 1 — Creating Your Personal Vision Profile
- The first step in the iLASIK Procedure is to perform a series of tests to determine the individual characteristics of your vision, including the use of our WaveScan Technology. The WaveScan System creates a 3-D map of the unique imperfections of your eyes. Then our Advanced CustomVue treatment uses the digital information from that map to design a custom treatment for each of your eyes.
Step 2 — Making The iLASIK Flap
- The iLASIK Procedure exclusively uses an advanced technology called the IntraLase Method. The IntraLase Method is a 100% blade-free approach to creating your LASIK flap, the thin flap of tissue that the doctor folds back in order to perform your iLASIK Procedure. In a clinical survey of LASIK patients who had their LASIK flaps created using a blade in one eye and the IntraLase Method in the other, the vision in the IntraLase-treated eye was preferred 3-to-1 (among those who stated a preference).
Step 3 — Your Laser Vision Correction
- Now that you’ve had your personal vision profile using WaveScan Technology and your blade-free LASIK flap using the exclusive IntraLase Method, your vision can be corrected using the Advanced CustomVue treatment within the iLASIK Procedure. The Advanced CustomVue Procedure has earned FDA approval to treat the broadest range of vision imperfections possible, including mild-to-severe nearsightedness, farsightedness and all types of astigmatism. Clinical studies showed that one year after treatment:
- 100 percent of nearsighted patients and more than 95 percent of all clinical study patients could pass a driving test without glasses or contact lenses
- 98 percent of mild-to-moderate nearsighted patients and almost three-quarters of all clinical study patients could see 20/20 or better without glasses or contact lenses
- Four times as many mild-to-moderate nearsighted participants were very satisfied with their night vision after treatment compared to their night vision before treatment with glasses or contacts
Take the Next Step
- Schedule a consultation with L. Andrew Watkins M.D. to determine if you are a good candidate for the iLASIK Procedure (this evaluation is free)
- Get comfortable with the procedure by getting answers to all of your questions and carefully reviewing the Patient Information Booklet
- Schedule your iLASIK Procedure and understand the post-surgery treatment regimen